25 April 2011

Love for Barcelona

Catalunya Metro Station
One of the reasons I love living in the heart of Barcelona is the buzz of the place. Cituat Vella is constantly in motion, filled with throngs of people peregrinating to and fro along La Rambla and meandering down the dozens of alleys that connect the plazas, home to al fresco dining and wining.
La Rambla is turning springy.
Admittedly, this din occasionally causes difficulty either falling or staying asleep. And, truth be told, I am just a tad nervous about having to make a difficult choice between closing the balcony doors and broiling or leaving them open and stuffing plugs in my ears during one of the heatwaves to which the city is prone.
Performance art is found everywhere.
But, I assuage my fears with the belief that this is a small price to pay to live in a city I enjoy so much. I also have confidence that what passes for a heatwave in Barcelona would be little more to a native Floridian than a spate of unseasonably warm April weather, but time will tell this tale.

In the meantime, I shall continue to enjoy the buoyant murmur of this vibrant city and watch in anticipation as the trees once again grow verdant and bask in the breezy warmth of the southerly, Saharan air beginning to prevail over the Siberian chill. Catalunya is waking from its winter lull and I look forward to see what the warmer months have to offer.
Parque Guell is usually packed throughout the year.
The beach is where you'll find some fun, get some color and find some colorful fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment