03 December 2010

The Best Laid Plans of Mice and Men...

When I originally envisioned this blog, I imagined that I would be updating things on a near biweekly basis, filling these pages with interesting stories about the wondrous places that make Barcelona and indeed the entire country of Spain such an amazing place to visit. I thought that I would have scads of useful information that I had managed to somehow sop up simply by virtue of being here and that I would be able to share all this with you, my dear readers, informing the masses at large and gathering a following great enough to provide me with a bit of income while I attempted to settle down and make a home with my fiance in a foreign country.

As you might have gathered from the title of this post and the utter lack of updates, this was not to be. Instead, reality has intruded; the drudgery of daily life exists here for me just as it did in Tampa (please, if you employed me in the recent past in the Bay area, take no offense; I simply mean that routines are to be found everywhere). I'm taking pictures when I can and I have more than a few of them I need to post. I've put a couple of pics up on my Deviant Art site (still not as kinky as it sounds) but I've also been jumping through blazing hoops trying to settle in this country legally and wed my fiance and find a company that might be willing to sponsor me for a visa and so forth. Alas, I have let the grind of it weigh upon me and my blog has suffered for it.

So, I have decided to abandon the format that I had laid out in my head wherein I provided a chronology of my goings-on here and instead will simply report on whatever topics I feel I would like to at any given time. I'll also be supplying some of the pictures I've taken along the way and giving you a bit greater insight into how I'm thinking and feeling. I'm going to make this a bit more personal, to put it succinctly.

I will try to update much more frequently, so I hope you will continue to drop by more frequently. I would also like to read your input. Keep those cards and letters coming, people! (I mean, leave some bloody comments, would ya?) I'll be seeing you all around. And, I hope you had a Merry Turkey Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment